Tuesday, December 06, 2005

No money was exchanged...

I blame Ben. I really do. Although to be fair, it was Chris idea to play, it was Ben who brought out my competitive streak...lol. Once again, had the best weekend - went to Reading with Jane on Saturday and did lots of Christmas shopping :) then had a chilled evening watching TV and DVDs with my 'swood cru. I know I don't spend a lot of time with you guys, and it was really nice just to chill with you all (Can't wait until Saturday and the Christmas blow-out...you've gotta look after me tho...)
Sunday was hectic, but so much fun!! Church then Hungry Horse for lunch. Trust me, the "Light Bite" Fish & Chips...ain't nothing light about that!! :) I nicked a lot of Paul's onion rings aswell :) :) Maybe next week I'll order my own as a side... *ponders whilst dreaming of said onion rings* Anywho...went to Susie's for a meeting about Brazil, which does sound like a really good thing, but as usual, me being me is getting in the way of any kind of logical and reasoned decision. Get back to me on that one. (I'm sorry Suz, I just realised I'm talking about our mission in the same paragraph as onion rings...not trying to lessen the impact or seriousness of the mission...honest!!) (or the onion rings) (JOKE). Obviously Sunday wouldn't be Sunday without Frisbee, except this week it was dark. Still, nil desperandum (*proud nod* check me with the Latin-ness). It would have seemed wasteful not to make use of Chris's "Light Up FLying Disc" which is has red LED-thingies (sorry Dad, having an artisitic moment) and looks like a mini-flying saucer :) was SOOOOOOOO much fun. Then after a mad dash back to the 'swood to round up a select group for the carol service, it was the Regenerate Carol Service, which was fun too. Me and Jo got horrendous giggles again though. It must be something to do with me & her & christmas carols...
But to get to my point. Eventually. After said carol service, we were going to go to Crosslands...but it was closed. So we went back to Chris and Ben's (and Paula's) and ended up watching Top Gear :) and then playing Smackdown (a topic for another time, but it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun!!) and then we decided to play Poker. Now, you've got to understand, we do not condone gambling in any way. It was merely a game of cards where we exchanged chips with each other. No real money was involved (which, lets face it, is a REALLY good thing, otherwise I'd be a bit poor right now!!) It was just really funny watching me trying to learn (and understand) the rules. I'd just got the hang of it when 3 kings were down, and I was holding a pair of eights, and I kept raising Ben because I thought he was bluffing about having the other Kigng. But he wasn't. Ah well. I'll get him next time. One thing I do need to work on is my poker face. Rather than "ooh, check me" when I get dealt a half-decent hand...
Neighbours time. More of the same drivel later
Enjoy
xx

No comments: