Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Dying Breed...

Gentlemen. Its a conversation I appear to be having with increasing regularity these days...you are a dying breed. Mr Skins told me the other day that feminism is slowly killing of gentlemen, which is potentially very true. What I don't understand is why.

Why is it bad when a guy holds a door for you, or walks on the outside of you on a pavement (VERY cute when you did that the other day AND you got a smile for your troubles) or pays for you when you go out for dinner?? I don't find myself demeaned as a woman; I don't feel my authority being threatened (I mean....come ON!) and I definitely don't find that it is typical of the male-dominated society which women have fought against for so long. I think its lovely, it makes me smile, and, actually, makes me feel valued as a woman - different for all the right reasons.

...the woman came out of a man's rib...not out of his feet to be walked upon or out of his head to be superior, but from the side to be equal, under the arm to be protected and next to the heart to be loved...

Not to get all soppy on you, but there we go...not superior, not below...just equal. And different. And special. So enjoy it!!

Love, etc.
xx

2 comments:

LeLe said...

Thank you! I wish there were more gentlemen out there. It's refreshing for a man to have such good manners and respect.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

While I tend to agree with your thoughts, I also see it from the other side. How will men ever see women as equals if we all don't do the same things for one another. And that means, men letting women open the doors for them. Men letting women pay. And so on. It's not that those things need to die; but, the ball must be picked up by both sides.