Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Coffee & Chat (part 3)


"You're not the person I thought you were"

I used to think that was the most hurtful thing someone could say to me until it was pointed out that actually, we regularly build people up to be something they're not, and then blame them when reality bites.

I'm as guilty of this as the next person, and could tell you at very great, very raw & painful length how it happens, but that's not my point. Don't try to make them something they're not; don't try to make them what you want them to be & get hurt when it doesn't work out. Take someone as they are, and love them for that.

Love, etc
xx

p.s I can't even remember what the miscellaneous beverage was this time. Still wasn't coffee though
xx

2 comments:

LeLe said...

This is so true! It's not fair to judge others when they don't meet our expectations. We're all human and are going to change and/or disappoint others.

Blue Eyes said...

As is said in One Tree Hill, the time when people most let me down is when I expect more from them. The situation in One Tree Hill is when Brooks boyfriend cheats on her with her best friend and although she may have expected it from him, she had expected better from her best friend. I know that I expect different things from different people, some people I don't tell secrets to because I worry they won't keep them, whereas some people I trust enough to tell them and when they let me down I am upset because I expected so much more.

You get me?

Blue Eyes xxx