Friday, March 20, 2009

Coming to expect the unexpected

I am slowly starting to come to the conclusion that there's no point in trying to second guess God - the biggest things that have happened/are happening in my life were completely unseen. I had no idea when I left Egham to come home for 2 days for Bugsy Malone that it would end up with me leaving for good. I didn't know that when I left The Crown on my last night in Egham that I would end up going out with The Drummer less than a month later (although his txt about an hour after we left did give the game away a little bit...) I had very little faith that there was a point in submitting my application form to TPS 3 days after the closing date, but they called me the next day to offer me an interview.

I like to believe He does the same with people too by the way. I came across a quote the other day from Little Miss reminding me that

...certain people enter our lives at the most peculiar times, for the most beautiful reasons.
They seem to make such perfect impressions whilst leaving behind an everlasting impact. Some of the best things in life appear when you least expect them...

I was reminded of it again last night when I was trying to field conversations with three of my best friends - a very upset god-daughter having a crisis that I just had no answers for, my littlest one having a good old fashioned bad day and needing cheering up and Miss Africa scared about injections & operations. I didn't have answers for any of them, and just couldn't seem to say anything to help. I in turn was getting upset to The Drummer, who did what he does best - called me to cheer me up. Just hearing his voice, particularly hearing the concern in it, brought my smile back. His prayers for me and the girls meant that I was able to send them off to bed smiling (more or less) and cheer up myself before going to sleep.

I was busy having my own crisis that I didn't have answers and couldn't help that I forgot the advice I give my girls so often - we will never be tested beyond what we can handle. I didn't need to have the answers; I just needed to listen & be there. That's all they needed, and that's what I was (eventually) able to do. I've been given everything I need to cope with what's thrown at me. And someone to remind me that I've got it all when I forget.

I guess it all comes down to knowing Who knows what is best for you.

Love, etc.
xx

3 comments:

LeLe said...

I like this and I like your friend's quote. The quote resonated with me because I have built a friendship over the last year and that friend is now moving about 4-1/2 hours away! But the friendship is so important to me that i mustn't let it fall by the wayside. God knows we needed each other at this time in our lives and hopefully we'll continue to need each other.

Sp glad things are falling into place for you! God does know best, even if we think our way is best at first. He will eventually show us that He has our best in store!

Nessa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nessa said...

I love that quote. Isnt it hard to look for that light when everything else seems to be closing in on you? I beleive God sends the right poeple or even things at the right time.. i just wish it is right when we want, but then again what we want (or when we want it) doesnt always align with His will, and there's no point in second guessing Him BUT fully putting our faith into Him. Thanks 4 a great post. Have a fabulous day! ;)