Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Things I'll never say?

I was reminded today of the Avril Lavigne song Things I'll Never Say, and thought how sad it was. Like, real sad, not tradge sad.

What use is it to you
What’s on my mind
If ain’t coming out
We’re not going anywhere
So why can’t I just tell you that I care

When did it become ok to not tell people that you loved them? When did society become so much more concerned about "being British" and not showing emotion than looking after each other? And why do we think that that's an ok way to live?

She's not that deep, but she's got it about right when she points out that
...I’m wishing my life away
With these things I’ll never say...
and it just makes me wonder...how hard is it to be honest? To tell someone that you appreciate them, that you value their friendship, that you miss them. It goes without saying that people's friends and those that they love really are much more important to them than keeping a stiff upper lip. It just doesn't always come out that way.

Love, etc.
xx

2 comments:

Blue Eyes said...

Heya, I totally agree, one of the points that I mentioned in my 'Things I have learnt in 2007' was entitled 'If you love someone tell them'. I wrote about how I often will write a text saying that I miss someone, and then when it comes to sending it to them I will press delete rather than send. And I think that's really sad.

Much Love,
Blue Eyes
xxx

Author said...

Amen.