Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A New Perspective


“Most people fail at whatever they attempt because of an undecided heart. Should I? Should I not? Go forward? Go back? Success requires the emotional balance of a committed heart. When confronted with a challenge, the committed heart will search for a solution. The undecided heart searches for an escape. A committed heart does not wait for conditions to be exactly right. Why? Because conditions are never exactly right. Indecision limits the Almighty and His ability to perform miracles in your life. He has put the vision in you — proceed. To wait, to wonder, to doubt. To be indecisive is to disobey God.”
Andy Andrews

I came across this this morning, courtesy of Little Miss. I have to be honest, I've never ever thought about it all like this before. And I think Mr Andrews might be right. If I think about it, without God (via St Johns) (and associated opportunities), there'd be no knowledge of sound engineering, let alone such a passion for it. So why do I doubt that there's a long-term plan involving it??


Enough waiting. Enough wondering. Enough doubt. Time to DO (and that goes for the rest of you too...its not just me getting my butt into gear...come join me)

Love, etc.
xx

3 comments:

LeLe said...

I'm learning that we're supposed to be obedient to God IMMEDIATELY. We're not to take our time or contemplate obedience. To be obedient is to automatically respond to God. That's really hard to do, but I'm trying!

Nessa said...

WOW. That is an awesome quote, its so awesome that im going to write it down. And you are now added to my blog roll lol. Have a fabulous day!

Anonymous said...

I'm down with that, but I'm a little uncomfortable with *immediately* reacting. Sometimes, it does take time and prayer to discern the will of God. But as for myself, I know that most of the time, it's at least partly an excuse to procrastinate.