2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for 2008? Er, no, and no. Well, actually, I might. I might make myself work really hard and get my First. I might read all the books for just one of my courses. I might have a 100% attendance for a lecture series. But then again...I might not.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yep!! Mrs Warren-Heys had little Emily, our CT baby, and Mr & Mrs Burns had their little one in July :)
4. Did anyone close to you die? Thankfully not this year.
5. What countries did you visit? Um, Skegness?? Nothing exciting this year...I took root in Egham instead.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? Ah who knows. To be brave enough to stand on my own two feet would be nice...would give Richard & Gings a break at the very least!!
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? my birthday, which was as close to perfect as its ever been...Spring Harvest, which was just amazing (Cooked Breakfasts will never be the same again)...Ashburnum, which was a turning point for me in so many ways...the FLOODZONE, which caused me THE most stress I've ever felt, but was so amazing that it more than made up for it...the Royal Albert Hall with Matt & Hodge, which was totally awe-inspiring and helped me make up my mind about getting a real job
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Flying solo on the Sound Desk
9. What was your biggest failure? Getting flu and ruining my attempt at 100% attendance of my lectures (N.B. It was a pretty good year as they go, clearly!!)
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No major dramas
11. What was the best thing you bought? Its blatantly going to involve some sort of clothing or shoes...
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? Anyone who's come in to contact with me for managing to put up with me and the dramas that seem to surround me?? lol. But seriously, assorted surrogate parents who deserve BIG medals for not giving up on me, RJ for being generally fantastic and keeping me (more or less) in line, Mr Hoe for being the best Godfather a girl could have, and Little B for just being my Little B. Oh, and Namy for not killing me at a number of different points throughout the year :)
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? Er, lets not. Not helpful.
14. Where did most of your money go? Clothes. And shoes. And clothes and shoes. And Cafe Neros.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? LOL where to start?? Erm, in no particular order, my birthday, Sound Desk Training (yes Richard, also the first time my name appeared on the Sound Rota), Strictly Come Dancing (because I'm actually totally tradge), going on the London Eye...there's blatantly other things; I'm sure the usual people will feel the need to add to this list.
16. What songs will always remind you of 2007? "Go Peaceful" coz of Ashburnum, anything by MIKA, but mostly Grace Kelly coz of the Alpha Bus of Fun, the Fratellis from my extended road trip down the M4 with Ria.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) Happier or sadder? Happier :)
b) Thinner or fatter? Thinner :) I never sit still for long enough to put any fat on these days!!
c) Richer or poorer? Significantly poorer. But the babysitting money always comes in useful!!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Uni Work, as ever. But even so, I still figure life is too short!
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Panicking and stressing...I'm sure there are others that feel that too!!!
20. How did you spend Christmas? Trying not to kill my brother at my parent's house.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007? No, not really. There's still time though...
22. How many one-night stands? I can safely say none at all.
23. What was your favourite TV program? Need you ask? Really?? Saturday nights in our house will never be the same again (a fact I fear Hannah will be rather glad of...)
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? The worst thing you can feel is indifference...hate means you still care.
25. What was the best book you read? Harry Potter 7, no question.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Mika. And The Fratellis.
27. What did you want and get? Again, it probably involved clothes and shoes. And Nigella Express and Casino Royale on DVD.
28. What did you want and not get? A MacBookPro.
29. What was your favourite film of this year? Atonement. No question.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Had a party chez ours, all dressed in red, and I was 20.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Various people dropping off the face of the earth?? No?? OK then, a first would have been nice!!
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? Generally fantastic.
33. What kept you sane? Jacks Fish & Chips. I kid you not...when all is going wrong, they could be relied on, 100%.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Tough call between Matthew Cutler and Daniel Craig. Both eminently attainable I would say...
35. What political issue stirred you the most? the fact that The West Wing isn't real
36. Who did you miss? Keren. Like CRAZY.
37. Who was the best new person you met? Without doubt, my Spring Harvest girls (I know that's more than one, but I can't leave one of them out, that would be mean!!)
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007: that I actually can stand on my own two feet. I surprise even myself at times.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Simply to the cross I cling
Letting go of all earthly things
Clinging to the cross
Mercy’s found a way for me
Hope is here as I am free
Jesus You are all I need
Clinging to the cross"